Objective of PMGDISHA
Making one person in every family digitally literate is one of the integral components of the Prime Minister’s vision of “Digital India”.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyaan is the scheme to make six crore persons in rural areas, across States/UTs, digitally literate, reaching to around 40% of rural households by covering one member from every eligible household by 31st March, 2019.
The Scheme would empower the citizens in rural areas by training them to operate computer or digital access devices (like tablets, smart phones etc.), send and receive e-mails, browse Internet, access Government services, search for information, undertake digital payment etc. and hence enable them to use the Information Technology and related applications especially Digital Payments to actively participate in the process of nation building. The Scheme aims to bridge the digital divide, specifically targeting the rural population including the marginalised sections of society like Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST), Minorities, Below Poverty Line (BPL), women and differently-abled persons and minorities.
Appreciation of Digital Literacy
To make a person digitally literate, so that he/she can operate digital devices (like Tablets, Smart phones etc) send and receive emails & browse Internet for information and undertake digital payment etc.
Nominated digitally illiterate person from every eligible rural household.
Age : 14 to 60 years
20 Hours (Minimum 10 Days and Maximum 30 Days)
Medium of Instruction
Official Languages of India
Place of Learning
The eligible households can nominate one person from their family. The selected person to get themselves enrolled under this programme in a nearest Training Centre/ Common Service Centre (CSC).
Independent external evaluation will be conducted by a National level certifying agency like NIELIT, NIOS, IGNOU, HKCL, ICTACT, NIESBUD etc.
- Eligible Household: A household is defined as a unit comprising of Head of family, spouse, children and parents. All such households where none of the family member is digitally literate will be considered as eligible household under the Scheme.
- Entry criteria
- The beneficiary should be Digitally Illiterate
- Only one person per eligible household would be considered for training
- Age Group: 14 – 60 years
- Priority would be given to
- Non-smartphone users, Antyodaya households, college drop-outs, Participants of the adult literacy mission
- Digitally illiterate school students from class 9th to 12th, provided facility of Computer/ICT Training is not available in their schools
- Preference would be given to SC, ST, BPL, women, differently-abled persons and minorities
- The identification of the beneficiaries would be carried out by CSC-SPV in active collaboration with DeGS, Gram Panchayats, and Block Development Officers. The list of such beneficiaries would be made available on the scheme portal.